Skip Hire & Waste Management Services And Aggregate Supplies

FAQ’s About Skip Hire

FAQ’s About Skip Hire

Q: Can I place the skip on the road outside my house?

A: YES: A skip can only be placed on the highway with a skip permit (local authority permission) correct signage and lights.
This has to be organised by Froom and company to comply with local authority requirements.

Q: Do I have to pay for a skip permit on the road??

A: YES: Froom and company will organise the permit, local authorities tend to charge different amounts depending on the period that it will be placed on the road and yes it will cost you between £30-£60. If your skip is on your drive you won’t need a permit.

Q: How long can I keep the skip for?

A: The normal length of time is 7-10 days, but Froom and company are flexible should you require it for a longer period.

Q: What happens if I overload my skip?

A: The skip hire lorry may struggle to lift the skip if it has been overfilled, and it can cause a danger when it is being transported.
The level of the top of the skip is the level you should fill to. Generally, Froom’s customer care team will guide you as to the size of skip you require.

If your skip has been over-filled Froom reserves the right to remove the over-flow or request that this is done before we will take it away.

Q: Are there any materials that I am not allowed to put in the skip?

A: Yes The following items are not allowed under a general skip hire agreement; however, Froom can arrange a separate waste

control transfer note for these types of items, which will be collected separately. Please call us for pricing.

Asbestos & Plaster Board | Fridges, Freezers and Air-conditioning units | Electrical appliances| Car Batteries & Rubber Tyers | Fluorescent light tubes | Paints & Solvents | Liquids such as Oils, fuel and other automotive fluids | Gas canisters

Q: What can I put in my skip?

A: Skips are for builders waste, shop fitting waste and all general household clearances.